Comment on page
How to get a virtual India phone number
The country code for India is "91". To make an international call to India, the international code for the country where the call originates must be dialed followed by the country code "91" and the Indian phone number. For example, to call an Indian phone number from the United States, the number would be dialed as follows:
011 + 91 + phone number
In India, telephone numbers are composed of 10 digits and are formatted as follows:
where X represents a digit.
- 1.Mobile Numbers: Mobile numbers in India typically start with the prefix "7", "8", or "9".
- 2.Landline Numbers: Landline numbers in India typically start with the prefix "2", "3", "4", "5", or "6".
- 3.International Numbers: To make an international call from India, the international code "00" must be dialed followed by the country code of the destination number.
It's important to note that the Indian phone number format and prefixes may change over time as the country's telecommunication regulations evolve.
There are several telecommunications carriers operating in India, including:
- 1.Airtel: Bharti Airtel Limited, commonly known as Airtel, is one of the largest telecommunications carriers in India, and it offers mobile, broadband, and television services.
- 2.Vodafone Idea: Vodafone Idea Limited is a joint venture between Vodafone Group and the Aditya Birla Group, and it is one of the largest telecommunications carriers in India, offering mobile and broadband services.
- 3.Jio: Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, commonly known as Jio, is a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited, and it is one of the largest telecommunications carriers in India, offering mobile, broadband, and television services.
- 4.BSNL: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is a government-owned telecommunications carrier in India, and it offers landline, mobile, broadband, and television services.
These carriers compete in the telecommunications market in India, and they offer various plans and packages to customers, including prepaid and postpaid services, as well as a range of mobile devices and accessories.
Some virtual phone number providers in India include:
- 3.Vodafone Idea
- 6.Tata Docomo
- 7.Reliance Communications
These providers offer virtual phone numbers that allow users to make and receive calls and texts using their internet connection, rather than a traditional landline or cellular connection. This can be a convenient and cost-effective option for individuals or businesses that need a phone number in India.